As the Scottholm area grew, so did the population of our church school, until it threatened to engulf the meager facilities of the original structure. The student body, compacted into the rear of the nave, filled a good share of the pews in this 1951 picture.
School classes were held everywhere space could be found. This group, under the tutelage of Margaret Painter, met in the kitchen.
A redeeming feature was the beautiful Children's Altar in the Undercroft. Libby Rill instructs a class in the basics of our faith.